HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jennifer Hatchett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 22:24:21 -0500
I too am a lurker, but I very much enjoy this list and have learned a lot
from the postings.  I am a CRM archaeologist, working for aci consulting,
an envrionmental consulting firm based in Austin, Texas.  I received a BA
from Texas Tech University in History and Anthropology and an MA in
anthropology, also from TTU.  My master's thesis research was on a
mid-19th-century evaporative saltworks on the Texas coast, and I am very
interested in the variations in salt-making strategies from that time
period.  I also love all things Spanish colonial (particularly the presidio
system on the northern frontier) and have worked at a couple of sites of
that type.  I have some background in running archaeology labs and
organizing collections. I am still learning the intricacies of the CRM
world and am interested in figuring out ways to make the results of CRM
archaeology available to the public.