HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:04:45 -0600
Hi,

Some of you know I'm part of a team which is now writing an historic context document for African American archaeology in Texas. The goal is that the final product (the document is still in progress) will be used by our SHPO as a best-practices guide for CRM archaeology on African American sites.

I would like to know of other examples of this type of document that exist in other states -- if there is one for your state, could you let me know off list? My query would cover any specific form of site that might apply -- I seem to recall of one being written for Gullah sites in South Carolina, for example, but don't know the details.

As I noted before, in an earlier query about this project, I'll be happy to share the data with this list whenever this project is complete. At this point we are looking at mid-2012.

Many thanks,

Carol

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc. (CARI)
Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Houston
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rice University
1638 Branard
Houston, TX 77006
www.publicarchaeology.org