HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Misty Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:30:54 -0400
Megan,

Susan Branstner conducted excavations on Lime Island, in the St. Mary's River in 1990. The focus was more on an associated structure, but there should be data included concerning the lime kilns, too. The report would be on file at the OSA in Lansing, Michigan.

There are also lime kilns in Delphi, Indiana at the Wabash-Erie Canal Park, (see www.wabashanderiecanal.org/). Excavations have been conducted in the park and may include the kilns, in which case Indiana's OSA should have copies, as well as the Wabash and Erie Canal Association.

Misty

Misty Jackson, Ph.D., RPA
Arbre Croche Cultural Resources
214 South Main Street