HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:50:58 -0400
Megan.  Sagebrush did a detailed recording of a shaft lime kiln in
northern Utah, near Mantua and the documentation and photographs can  be found in
the HABS/HAER collection at the Library of Congress  online.  The URL for the
Mantua Kiln is: _http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/hh/item/UT0321/_
(http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/hh/item/UT0321/)

The URL for the 37 lime kilns posted in the collection  ONLINE is:

_http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?q=lime%20kiln&co=hh_
(http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?q=lime%20kiln&co=hh)

We also recently recorded a double lime kiln along the Transcontinental
Railroad in Morgan, Utah, about 20 miles from Ogden.  I can send you  the
report if you are interested.  It was built prior to construction of  the
railroad, but likely continued operation, and was, perhaps, even enhanced by
development that occurred in the area after the railroad was built.

Mike Polk
Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.
Ogden, Utah

In a message dated 10/24/2011 1:54:32 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,