HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:29:04 +0000
Teagan,

  Judson Kratzer recovered a sizeable collection of materials related to bone button production from Nicholas Biddle's Andalusia.  If you don't have his contact information feel free to contact me off list and I will send it to you.

All the best,

Rich Veit

-----Original Message-----
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Teagan Schweitzer
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 9:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: bone button production sites

Hi all,

I am a zooarchaeologist working with an assemblage from the early 19th
century in Philadelphia in which there is evidence of bone button production
- i.e. cow longbones with button blanks cut out of them. I am on the hunt
for other assemblages of a similar time period with evidence for button
production or other research you are aware of that addresses techniques for
button production around this time. Any help you can offer would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

~ Teagan

--