HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:06:01 -0500
We are very serious about our hunting dogs in Alabama, so just for fun,  here's a You tube video link to a Coon Dog Cemetery  that was started in 1930s and a link to Alabama Encyclopedia listing.   Only authentic coon dog are allows to be buried there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6XhTWj_GpU

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/face/Article.jsp?id=h-1425

  We also have bird dog cemeteries.

Actually, I can't think of a historic house site that I've excavated that hasn't had a pet burial or two on it. (at least not one that was extensively excavated).

Linda Derry
Site Director
Old Cahawba
719 Tremont St.