HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Janet Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:38:18 -0400
Smoke,
I, too, would be very appreciative to receive a copy of your lead shot
tables. Our main concentration in the Augusta State University
Archaeology Laboratory is the Augusta Arsenal Archaeological Site
(9Ri1045). Would be most helpful. Thanks much.
Janet Jordan

Jon Van Beckum wrote:

>Smoke,
>
>Could you please send me a copy of your lead shot tables?  I did my
thesis on a 19th century military fort, and that table may help out
with a paper on the fort.

>Thank you very much!
>Jon Van Beckum
>MS 2006 UW-Milwaukee
>

>> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 00:01:06 -0700
>> From: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: HISTARCH Digest - 15 Apr 2008 to 16 Apr 2008 (#2008-87)
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>>
>> There are 3 messages totalling 192 lines in this issue.
>>
>> Topics of the day:
>>
>>   1. Lead Ball Conversion Table
>>   2. stochastic models of sedimentary processes
>>   3. UCLA Pimu Catalina Island Archaeology Field School

>> Date:    Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:31:17 -0500
>> From:    Marsha King <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Re: Lead Ball Conversion Table
>>
>> Smoke,
>>
>> I would love to have a copy of your table of shot sizes!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marsha
>>

>> *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
>>
>> Marsha K. King, Archeologist II
>> Environmental Services Section, Bureau of Design
>> Kansas Department of Transportation
>> Eisenhower State Office Building, 700 SW Harrison St.
>> Topeka, KS   66603-3745
>> Phone - 785-296-8414   Fax - 785-296-8399

Archaeology
>> Field School, a new and innovative course that uses cutting edge
>> scientific tools in a collaborative research project with
>> Tongva/Gabrielino tribal members, the Santa Catalina Island
>> Conservancy and the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology at UCLA.
>>
>> Beginning June 22, 2008 and ending July 25, 2008, the field school
>> provides students with practical working knowledge of survey,
>> excavation, lab and cataloging methods while immersing them in the
>> 9,000 years of prehistoric martime history of the Tongva/Gabrielino
>> nation. Students will also learn about how to apply cultural resource
>> laws to public sector archaeological work.
>>
>> Situated just off the coast of Los Angeles, Catalina Island was
>> historically an important trading supply outpost for Southern
>> California and beyond. The field school is part of the on-going Pimu
>> Catalina Island Archaeological Project (PCIAP), which is working to
>> assess and protect archaeological sites on Catalina.
>>
>> Please see the website for more information:
>> http://www.archaeology.ucla.edu/Catalina/overview.htm.
>>
>> Although the website states that registration deadlines have passed,
>> contact Wendy Teeter at [log in to unmask] or at (310) 825- 1864 if
>> you would like to participate.
>>
>> Desiree Martinez
>> Co-Director, Pimu Catalina Island Archaeology Field School
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> End of HISTARCH Digest - 15 Apr 2008 to 16 Apr 2008 (#2008-87)

>Pack up or back up–use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies.
Learn how.
>http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008

Janet L. Jordan
Archaeology Laboratory Supervisor