HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 20:19:17 -0400
From:
The Archaeology Channel <[log in to unmask]>

To our film producerand distributor friends:

We invite you now tosubmit entries for the 2015 edition of The Archaeology ChannelInternational Film and Video Festival.  This is the only internationalcompetition for this genre in the entire Western Hemisphere and a wonderfulshowcase for your work.  Our deadline for receipt of entries is October15, 2014.  TAC Festival 2015 takes place May 15-19, 2015, in the RecitalHall at The Shedd Institute and at the University of Oregon Baker DowntownCenter here in Eugene, Oregon, USA.  You can find our entry form andfurther information by going to http://www.archaeologychannel.org/events-guide/international-film-and-video-festival/186-tac-fest-2015-pages/1903-third-call-for-entries-2015. Please read the guidelines carefully, as we depend on you for accurate information.

Please send yourentries as soon as possible, as a flood of entries in the last week will slowdown our review and notification process.  So far, we’ve received a goodflow of entries, although in recent weeks the flow has slowedconsiderably.  In previous years, some entries regrettably were rejectedbecause of errors in entry forms or problems with the film review copies. Others arrived too late for us to consider them.  If you allow plenty oftime for these problems to be resolved, you can help assure that you will notbe excluded from consideration.  Also, we encourage you to make plans toattend the Festival to represent your films and also to participate in ourConference on Cultural Heritage Film, which is growing each year.

For our lastFestival, we received 113 entries from 24 countries.  We expect to exceedthose numbers this year and to attract the world’s best films in our genre tothis competition.  In the eleven years of TAC Festival so far, we havereceived entries from 45 countries.  With your support and participation,we can continue to grow TAC Festival as a promotional tool for your good work.

Please share thisannouncement with others you know who may have films suitable for entry. Manythanks and best wishes to you all.

Richard M.Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org