quoted-printable
In-Reply-To:
Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=utf-8
MIME-Version:
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (66 lines)
Thanks for the plug, Bob. 

The web address where many of our resources can be found is https://www.stmaryscity.org/Articles.html 

David Hurst Thomas has been working on a very interesting site off the Georgia coast, but it was a Franciscan mission rather than Jesuit. 

Our site is a bit different than most site  associated with the Society of Jesus in that it was English Jesuit and therefore lacked any "state support" since the English monarchy was not very kind to Jesuits (numerous martyrs etc) 

Feel free to contact me off-list 

Silas Hurry 

Curator and Archaeological Laboratory Director 

Historic St. Mary's City 

[log in to unmask] 

Feel free to contact me off list   

----- Original Message -----

To: [log in to unmask] 
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:40:06 PM 
Subject: Re: Brazilian Jesuitic-Guarany missions 

Hi, Tobias, 

Contact the folks at Historic St. Mary's City, the first colonial capital of Maryland, first settled back in the 1630s.  There was a Roman Catholic Chapel there which has been excavated and reconstructed as part of the state historical site.  As I recall, it had a Jesuit connection, so might be relevant to your work. 

Silas Hurry and Tim Riordan both appear from time to time on the HISTARCH list, so likely will see your query.  There also is a website with contact info. for Historic St. Mary's City.  Easy to Google. 

Best wishes, 

Robert Keeler 

-----Original Message----- 
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tobias Vilhena 
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 8:59 AM 
To: [log in to unmask] 
Subject: Brazilian Jesuitic-Guarany missions 

Dear colleagues, 
My name is Tobias and  I work at IPHAN, the brazilian public department which protects our national material and immaterial cultural heritage. 
 I have been studying and managing the archaeological collection of  Sao Miguel das Missoes; one of the Jesuitc Missions in South America and a World Heritage Site. Since 2012, I have been also studying at the University of Coimbra, in Portugal. Is anyone here working and/or studying the same subject in America or Canada  ? 
Sincerely 
Tobias Vilhena 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2