HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:19:50 +0100
From:
DAVID PETTS <[log in to unmask]>
Dear All

At a the recent Institute for Archaeologists conference in Oxford I organised a session looking at the relationship between commercial archaeology/CRM and academia. (You can download the programme with abstracts from here: http://www.archaeologists.net/programme) This relationship is something which is of particular relevance in the UK at the moment and gets to the heart of some quite important issues incuding the role of Universities in providing vocational training and how to deal with the huge amount of data being generated through development-led archaeology.

However, my knowledge is very UK based - I'd be interested to hear about people's experiences of the university/CRM relationship in other countries with a well-developed commercial archaeology sector

cheers
David

Dr David Petts
Lecturer in Archaeology