HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:22:26 -0700
From:
Suzanne Spencer-Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Historians use Turn of the 20th Century for the period encompassing
1880-1920. It is used both for the whole period and when a date is not
certain. It would be entirely appropriate for your photo. It is shorter and
more elegant than the awkward description: The end of the 19th century and
the beginning of the 20th century.
suzanne