HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:05:00 -0700
From:
Sarah Cowie <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

Yes, it was a ferrous plate, and I do discuss it briefly in the context of literacy in Chapter 8 (Social, Cultural, and Symbolic Capital) of the book.

I remember that there is also another reference to a metal alphabet plate in the following:
Uunila, Kristi. 2005 Using the Past in Calvert County, Maryland: Archaeology as a Tool for Building Community. The SAA Archaeological Record 5(2):38–40.

Cheers,
Sarah Cowie