HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:28:10 -0500
From:
scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
As one of the editors for Identifying American Artifacts, published by
Left Coast Press, I would be very, very interested to work with
someone on this topic.  It could make an excellent MS Thesis, for
example.  The archaeological community is sorely in need of a guide to
formed carbon elements, in both batteries and arc lamps.

Sarah- for now, however, here are some clues that Lydia might be able
to cite:

http://www.google.com/patents?as_q=battery+carbon&num=30&rview=1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_pnum=&as_vt=&as_pinvent=&as_pasgnee=&as_pusc=&as_pintlc=&as_ptype=11&as_drrb_is=b&as_minm_is=1&as_miny_is=1800&as_maxm_is=1&as_maxy_is=1920&as_drrb_ap=q&as_minm_ap=1&as_miny_ap=&as_maxm_ap=0&as_maxy_ap=

[This is a google patent search for keywords "battery" and "carbon",
but restricted patents issued between 1800 and 1920.  The pictures
will help her.]

Cheers,
Tim