HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:01:29 -0500
From:
"Doms, Keith" <[log in to unmask]>
Good morning,
Sorry for the delay, I have been in the field.  I actually came across
about ten of those blocks stacked together with the anode terminal.  The
paper container had rotted away.  Unfortunately it was part of a project
that was never finished at my former place of employment.  I never got a
chance to research it.  I would check patent records for batteries from
about 1900.
Sears and Montgomery ward catalogs from that time are selling batteries,
mostly to power door bells.  Some batteries are illustrated but not
their internal structure.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Keith