Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:07:47 -0700
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

> >Can you run chickens with your bees?

I visited a Calif beekeeper a few months ago.  He keeps bees in cross fenced
pastures and lets the grass/weeds grow high.  Then turns chickens into the
yards until they've eaten all the weeds.  He sells the "free range" eggs for
$12 a dozen to upscale clientele when they come to buy local honey at
$20/lb.

Tall weeds in Calif this year due to excessive rain--the hive tool has not
been enough!  We carry the weed whacker with us to keep the weeds off the
electric bear fences.  Luckily, once we've knocked them down once, there is
not much regrowth due to our dry summers.

We also carry a pair of high quality hedge shears behind each truck
seat--great for quick clearing of the hive entrances and bear fences when we
forget the weed whacker.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA