HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 15:03:12 -0400
Having known him in my formative years-----"huh what did you say...."

a character to remember.....

Conrad

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert L. Schuyler
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Melburn D. Thurman

I am sad to have to let members on this list know that our colleague,
Melburn D. Thurman, has passed away. Mel was 70 years old (1941-2012)
and lost a battle with cancer on Wednesday April 11, 2012. Thurman
still had a house in Ste Genevieve, Missouri but had for some time
been living in Tucson, Arizona.

Mel had very wide interests in archaeology and anthropology but did
his most important work on the ethnohistory of North America.

He is survived by his son, John P. Thurman, and his daughter, Tanya
E. Thurman. Notes of condolence may be sent to:

Tanya Thurman
1202 Market Street
Madison, Illinois  62060

Robert L. Schuyler