ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Caitlin Lill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:30:48 -0600

Hello everyone,

The Orpheum Children’s Science Museum is exploring the feasibility of
partnerships on a 21st Century Museum Professionals grant through the IMLS.
The Orpheum has developed an administrative software system for tracking
donations and members, volunteers, and program registrations. If awarded
this grant, the Orpheum would like to begin distributing this software
freely to smaller institutions that are unable to afford or fully utilize
the more complex software on the market. This software also enables online
program payments and purchases.

We are currently seeking local museums in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri
that would be interested in being part of our 2013-2014 pilot program in
distributing the software. Participation would include a copy of the
administrative software, training workshops, and ongoing technical support
for a year after initial installation, for minimal or no cost to your
organization. We would also welcome interest from museums across the nation
as we are considering a wider distribution after the initial pilot program.

If interested, please reply to this e-mail by *Friday February 3rd*, with a
brief description of your museum and how you would benefit from
participation in this pilot program.  You do not need to fill out the
official IMLS partnership form at that time, just let us know you would
like to participate. Please feel free to e-mail or call me at (217)352-5895
ext. 16 with any questions as well.

Thanks very much,

Caitlin

--