HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Emma Dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:12:41 +0100
Dear all,

Historic England and the University of Leicester are hosting a conference at Stamford Court, Leicester on 14-15 December 2015.

*Parish Church Interiors in Changing Times*

This conference focuses on Church of England parish church interiors of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, what makes them significant, what we mean by significance, how we assign value to 19th and 20th century church interiors, what impact this has on their use and management, and how we balance significance and the introduction or improvement of facilities.

This conference is accredited by the Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) and attendance certificates will be issued to all attending delegates.

Keynote speakers include:

The Bishop of Worcester - the Right Reverent John Inge
The Dean of the Court of Arches - the Right Worshipful Charles George, QC.
Dr. Loyd Grossman - Chairman, Churches Conservation Trust

Details about the programme can be found at www.le.ac.uk/church-interiors-conference
Conference registration is subsidised by Historic England, and is only £50 for the two-day conference (including lunch, refreshments and conference materials) with additional options for the conference dinner and overnight accommodation. Conference bookings can be made at http://shop.le.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=711&prodvarid=559

Contact the conference team at [log in to unmask] and follow us on twitter @ParishInteriors

We are also looking for a few volunteers for the conference. If you feel that this conference is particularly relevant to your research interests and wish to receive free registration in exchange for volunteering please contact Crysta Kaczmarek at the email address below.

We hope to see many of you there,
Best regards,

Crysta Kaczmarek
Conference Coordinator - Parish Church Interiors in Changing Time
School of Archaeology and Ancient History
The University of Leicester
University Road
Leicester
LE1 7RH