HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Boyer, Jeffrey, DCA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:03:15 +0000
Looks like a tedder to me. I'm guessing, though, that it's from an early 20th century homestead, not an early 19th century homestead, since nothing like this would have been available in NM in the early 1800s.

Jeff

Jeffrey L. Boyer, RPA
Supervisory Archaeologist/Project Director
Office of Archaeological Studies, Museum of New Mexico

  *   407 Galisteo Street, Suite B-100
  *   Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
  *   tel: 505.827.6387   fax: 505.827.3904
  *   e-mail: [log in to unmask]

The biggest problem with the past is that it reads better in reverse. Life is far messier in real time.