HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:27:32 -0700
Dear HistArch Member,
The Society for Historical Archaeology has recently launched a new addition to the Member's Section of the SHA Website, an online discussion board. Currently there are but a few topics open for discussion, with many more to follow, but the most relevant for this listserv is an Artifact ID Forum, with the ability to upload images, documents, and most anything else. I have just posted a few photos of pecked beer bottles from a site in Montana, with hopes of finding out more information about these enigmatic artifacts.

Other discussions ongoing include Magic in Historical Archaeology, African Cross-Marks, and Students and Publishing. We here at the SHA Website encourage the users of HistArch to join the conversation! SHA Members simply log in to the member's section, and then follow the link on the left to the "SHA Forum" from there you will see the list of ongoing discussion topics.  Feel free to email me privately with additional topical boards you would find useful at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your continued discourse on Historical Archaeology, and please view this resource as a supplement to HistArch, as well as a new way of interacting with your colleagues.  Sincerely,Chris MerrittSHA Website Editor