HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2011 12:25:43 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
Dear HISTARCH,
Terry is indeed right, the SHA site was part of a massive overhaul of the College of Arts & Sciences Server system at the University of Montana. It was supposed to be a simple matter, but since the server came down Tuesday, the entire system has failed to come back up effectively closing all Departments, Programs, and affiliated websites (including the SHA). While the SHA does have a dedicated server, it is housed within the College of Arts & Sciences, and is connected to the system that needed maintenance. 

System administrators are working feverishly to get the problem fixed ASAP, and the SHA Website Team are creating a backup plan to get the SHA site up if the problem is not resolved server-wide. 

We appreciate your patience with this issue, and if you need something urgently please contact me off-list and I'll see what I can do. They are hoping to have the system back up today, but I'll believe that when I see it. Again, sorry for the continued inconvenience!

Chris Merritt
SHA Website Editor
[log in to unmask]

> Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:18:56 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: SHA website
> To: [log in to unmask]
> 
> It was undergoing maintenance on the 17th, perhaps they needed some extra days. There was an announcement from sha sent out a little while back. I've also had trouble connecting. Are you looking for something specific? You can get conference info at the blog: http://shaconference.wordpress.com
> 
> I also have a bunch of the sha articles scanned, if you need one of those.
> 
> Terry
> On May 19, 2011, at 12:38 PM, Kate and Silas wrote:
> 
> > Is the SHA website down for an extended period? I have not been able to connect this week. 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Silas 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2