HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2011 12:25:43 -0600
Dear HISTARCH,
Terry is indeed right, the SHA site was part of a massive overhaul of the College of Arts & Sciences Server system at the University of Montana. It was supposed to be a simple matter, but since the server came down Tuesday, the entire system has failed to come back up effectively closing all Departments, Programs, and affiliated websites (including the SHA). While the SHA does have a dedicated server, it is housed within the College of Arts & Sciences, and is connected to the system that needed maintenance.

System administrators are working feverishly to get the problem fixed ASAP, and the SHA Website Team are creating a backup plan to get the SHA site up if the problem is not resolved server-wide.

We appreciate your patience with this issue, and if you need something urgently please contact me off-list and I'll see what I can do. They are hoping to have the system back up today, but I'll believe that when I see it. Again, sorry for the continued inconvenience!

Chris Merritt
SHA Website Editor