From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:12:25 -0600
Hello Karen & All,
Thanks for your post!
Paul C. (BEE-L member) posted the below on the entomology list but not on
BEE-L.
Paul and I have opposite opinions on the systemics but respect each other.
I like Karen's solution better than a forest full of trees sprayed with
imidacloprid but enough of a realist to understand the solution leaned
toward by the USDA is a forest full of trees (and every plant around the
trees) using Imidacloprid.
Peter B. has said commercial beekeeping is a dying craft as less beekeepers
every year since WW2 which is true as getting very hard to survive with
current losses. The systemics & current Big Ag practices are *in my opinion*
another nail in the
coffin.
Paul and I disagree on correct application being a problem for bees but we
do agree on misapplication being a problem for bees.
Both sides agree concoctions of systemics in combination with other ag
chemicals *could* cause bee problems.
I personally believe ag chemicals harm a higher amount of bees yearly than
most people but go unreported.
I do not believe Paul would object to the above as we have expressed our
positions on both lists for years and have agreed to disagree in certain
areas concerning the systemics.

bob

Paul's post on the entomology list: