HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:05:36 -0400
From:
Bill Liebeknecht <[log in to unmask]>
The horseshoes may merely represent shims used to level the wall.  Were the
shoes used?  When I build a stone garden wall last summer I was looking
something to prop up a section of wall and I would have loved to have had a
couple of horseshoe for that purpose.  Wall construction can and often
employs whatever materials were at hand and the right shape or height.

Bill Liebeknecht
Hunter Research, Inc.