HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:46:45 -0400
7bit
From:
Martha Zierden <[log in to unmask]>
Something very similar to this, but not identical, came through the door
here at The Charleston Museum a few years ago.  It was designed to be placed
on a pig's snout to keep them from rooting in the ground.  Ours had no
context, but my sense is that it was later than your 1730s date.
I will find a photo of the object, and send it off-list.
Martha Zierden