HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:23:06 -0500
From:
"Leslie C. \"Skip\" Stewart-Abernathy" <[log in to unmask]>
The Basic Excavation Class (mostly teenagers) recovered a very nice
yellow tin container ("Sheik" I think) in a large pit/root cellar at
Washington Historic State Park this past June at the annual
Survey/Society Training Program. See Dig Director Jamie Brandon at
  for details.

At 08:40 AM 9/23/2011, you wrote:
>Hello,
>        I'm currently revisiting data from 12 privies we excavated
> at Ravensford, a lumber town in western North Carolina occupied
> during the 1920s. Within a few of these privies we recovered
> several condom tins in the night soil deposits. My question is does
> anyone have any reports/articles that examine condom tins recovered
> from privies dating to the early twentieth century? Any privies
> excavated at company towns dating to the early twentieth century
> would be especially helpful. If you have a pdf of any
> report/article feel free to email me off list. Thanks in advance for the help.
>

>Jared Barrett, MA, RPA
>Project Manager / Archaeology
>

>1865 Air Lane Drive, Suite 9, Nashville, TN 37210
>T: 615.884.4430 Ext 14 | F: 615.884.4431
>
>  Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter | www.trcsolutions.com

Mr. Leslie C. "Skip" Stewart-Abernathy, Ph.D.
Arkansas Archeological Survey
Winthrop Rockefeller Institute
Petit Jean Mountain
1 Rockefeller Drive