HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 19:18:08 -0400
From:
John Triggs <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Hi all,
I'd be interested in contributing a paper for a War of 1812 session.  I have been excavating a couple of sites from the western end of Lake Ontario near Hamilton, Ontario (Burlington Heights and a Six Nations site) that I think would be of interest to those on both sides of the border.
If anyone is organising such a session I would also welcome any leads or contacts.
Many thanks.
John

John R. Triggs, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Chair
Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
N2L 3C5
Room R106J
202 Regina Street
Tel. 519-884-0710 ext. 2156
Fax 519-883-0991

>>> Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]> 06/06/11 12:49 PM >>>
Hello,

I am looking to tie into a War of 1812 session at the SHA 2012
meetings in Baltimore.  We have been doing preliminary work at a very
short term military fort site here in Illinois, and certainly have
enough data at this point to make what I think would be an
interesting contribution ...

I would appreciate any leads or contacts ASAP.

Thanks,

Mark
--

Mark C. Branstner, RPA
Historic Archaeologist

Illinois State Archaeological Survey
Prairie Research Institute
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"I hope that was an empty bottle, George! You can't afford to waste
good liquor. Not on your salary, not on an associate professor's
salary!" Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011) as 'Martha' in 'Who's Afraid of
Virginia Woolf'