HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:54:36 -0700
7bit
From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Our rivets from the bunkhouse site are brass or an alloy like yours and we
did have one with a star.

But, hmmm.  Our [what I called] spacers [and you called] washers (at our
cowboy bunkhouse) are dead grey with no hint of copper.  I forgot to say we
have nails driven through some of these lead items, we found them in the
dirt like that.

We've had the cuprous washer like items at other sites (when they're cuprous
I call 'em "burrs") but they're always flat with no sign of the V shape like
these artifacts depicted by John.