HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:35:57 -0700
From:
Barbara Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Allen,
Thank you for sharing this link. I am sure I am not the only one who is
deeply saddened by the news of Don Garate's passing. It seems like only
yesterday that he was at the Presidio of San Francisco for the annual
commemoration of the arrival of the Anza party! Don's commitment to research
and public interpretation of Spanish colonial heritage throughout the U.S.
west greatly influenced the development of the field. His generosity in
sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm was unmatched. I will miss him, and his
portrayals of Juan Bautista de Anza, very much.
--Barb

Barbara L. Voss, Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology
450 Serra Mall, Bldg. 50, Main Quad