HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:28:10 -0400
From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Lyle,

I found the following very useful:

	United States Bureau of the Census
	1975	Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970
Part I. Bureau of the Census, Washington, D.C.

For example, page 128 has retail prices of selected foods in US Cities
from 1890 to 1957; there is also a discussion about how this information
was compiled, earlier data, etc.

There are lots of other useful sections as well, including one on Power,
which documents the introduction of electricity, etc.

-Megan Springate, RPA