HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeremy Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:50:29 +0700
Re
>Hi.  As part of a cultural resources management class, I am learning to use
>the internet.  I'm wondering what the current hot topics are for Histarch?
> Short answers please. :)  Dave

There are FOUR answers:
1.      DELETE

2.      Nice try Dave Ha Ha

3.      To Histarch people
OK guys lets all be nice here please. I am tired of deleting postings about
what people do and do not like about people that are new to the list and
post requests like this. I normally lurk, but I just know what is going to
happen now.

4.      Dave
We have all to start some time on the net. There is a very useful document
called Netiquitte which tells you about the pitfalls of using the Net. As a
project see if you can find it.
It is a good idea to watch what is going on with a listserver before
posting. You have arrived just at the end of an extensive 'eruption' I wont
use the word flame war over people posting requests for information on
HISTARCH which they may be able to get from a simple reference book.
So your question as to what is hot at present is people making
inappropriate postings.

Jeremy Green
Department of Maritime Archaeology
Western Australian Maritime Museum