ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Charles Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 22:13:15 -0700

Hi Raleigh,

There is no evidence to support anyone insisting that carbon dioxide and planetary temperature aren't coupled.  We know this from Venus and Mars, and rock solid certainty for every earth- made observation over the last 200 years.  Or the beginning of earth time with somewhat less precision.

The earth's whole climatic and geologic history stands as and example.  The exact fine tuning of time and events are subject to refinements, but the course and coupling is clear.

Given that the long term evidence is irrefutable and clear.  The rate of change within generational human time is variable. We will have winners and losers from generation to generation. It's a complex event.

Since I enjoy being right, and ahead in the argumentative game of primate order and dominance, I'd very much like it to be sooner than later, so I can feel vindicated by logic, knowledge, and intelligence within my life time--Alpha feels good, none of us want a Pyrrhic victory-- and many others would like to prove us(me) ignorant and self serving, and thusly win; so the debate is joined.

It's always good too feel right and have a brain to enjoy dominance and all it's benefits, and that's the real game in town.

Scientific evidence will not settle this debate, it mostly about all things human with a tangential connections to reality and that's the hard evidence of survival.

Sent from Charlie Carlson's iPad
Cell 510-499-8086
Try me on Skype (510) 984-3543