Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 09:21:18 -0400
>>And, I composed a thoughtful reply on this topic last night, but the
>>phone rang, I accidentally hit the "back button" and my text vanished.

>That might be an add-on or a tool that these e-mail programers might
>add to our tool bar - a back key to go back to our previously erased text.

Although this is a bit OT for BEE-L, it is a frustrating problem, and can happen
from time to time on the BEE-L web form where we write posts or replies.

Whereas lost text can be restored with Ctrl+Z (undo) in some editors, on the
page in question, hitting the 'back' button can result in total loss.  I have a
mouse with a "back" button which has more than once lost my work for me.

Sometimes the BEE-L system has saved the message as a draft which can
be seen to the right of the message composition area, often it has not.

After many years of losing my work on web forms that malfunction, I have
learned to periodically press Ctrl+A(select all) and Ctrl+C from time to time.
That way a copy of my work is on the clipboard and can be recovered instantly
with a Ctrl+C (paste).

Although my messages may not always show it, I often paste finished text
into an editor with spell check and scan it, then copy it out of that editor and
re-paste it into the web form on the BEE-L site before sending.

Sometimes I write in another editor and then paste the finished article into
the web form when complete. (like right now)

Hope this saves some frustration.