HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:43:10 -0500
I want to congratulate Bill Moss and his conference team on putting on a
superb conference under rather difficult circumstances last week.  In my
memory, this was the first conference where we had weather challenges on the
front end of it.  Previously, conferences that we dodged a bullet on
(Cincinnati [snow storm], Corpus Christie [ice storm] and Kansas City [snow]  (and
I'm sure there were others) occurred either during or at the end of the
conference.  Despite the fact that more than a 100 registrants were unable  to
make it, I understand well over 900 were there.

The venue was very good and close to the conference hotel, making getting
there in the very icy conditions much easier than might otherwise be the
case.  There was a good mix of paper sessions and the events were well
organized, interesting and well attended.  For a place like  Quebec, just getting
out (at least toward the end of the week when the  weather improved) and
seeing the beautiful city, the fortifications  and restaurants was a treat.

Thank you Quebec. I, for one, very much enjoyed myself and will  return,
though it will be summer when I do.

Mike

Michael R. Polk, M.A., RPA
Sagebrush Consultants