HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Giovanna Vitelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:47:59 -0000
Hello Ben,
The University of Virginia Art Museum has captured a selection of their
objects using the Arqball software, and the results are on an iPad app - see
- http://www.virginia.edu/artmuseum/collection/
You might ask them.
We have been doing some informal 3D recording on the spin table from
Arqball, but only of whole objects which do not need fixing. Word back from
conservation is to use some kind of synthetic resin pad, but that could be
expensive. Most plasticines are not neutral.
All the best
Giovanna Vitelli
Ashmolean Museum, Oxford