HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
adam heinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:22:56 -0400
Hi all,
I am in the process of sorting a flotation sample and came across some things that I have not been able to identify through seed guides or by reaching out to a few botanical folks. They are roughly the size of tomato and raspberry seeds and they range from circular to squarish, with some are even hexagonal.  They have a central "nipple" with a circular ring of small bumps around it.  The reverse sides appear envelope-like where the edges fold over. Two photos of the objects are at: http://www.filedropper.com/img5034   and    http://www.filedropper.com/img5033

If the file sharing site is scary, I am happy to send the pictures as an attachment since the listserve does not allow them. In order to see the images, they are downloaded via the gray-black oval that says "download this file."

As mentioned, I have not been able to find seeds that matched. They seem to resemble tape worm eggs, but not closely enough and they are too large to be them as far as I can make out.

Thank you, Adam Heinrich