HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:23:48 +0100
I'd like to know what you find out; I saw one at a water museum, which showed that water inspectors have been using them since the 1920s (and when you consider how little variation there is in the colour of drinking water, you can imagine how precise these things can be), but so far, haven't seen any reference to their use in ceramic analysis or describing soil colours, just continued reliance on Munsell. Either archaeologists can't afford them, or... we're a little skeptical of technology...?