HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Richard W. Galloway" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard W. Galloway
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:53:45 -0700
It all boils down to the same old adage... "Follow the Money." The amount of
fine the city imposes, compared to the amount of $$ being paid by the
advertisers of the show makes it all just a part of doing business for them.
If the TV industry can afford to spend thousands getting the film crew and
the cast to a site, all the equipment, power bills, etc.. the fines are just
not enough of a deterrent to make them stop. If they were indeed "Heavy"
fines it might, but they are not that heavy in most cases. When companies
are destroying cars worth many thousands of dollars to make a 30-60 second
commercial, a few thousand $ for a fine to a city. pocket change.
I think the only way to stop this will be to get the viewers educated on the
proper way to do things, teach them how much information is lost by the act
of digging up sites on private property without the proper methods and get
them on our side. Then we Might have a chance. A small one, but a chance.

Richard