HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Emery, Jason A (CTR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:16:41 -0600
Check out these reports from the Louisiana Division of Archaeology.
They all relate to two confederate fortifications along the Rapides
River in Louisiana.

LDOA Report #: 22-1258
Klinger, Timothy C. and Steven M. Imhoff
1988 Cultural Resources Survey and Testing at the Boyce and Fort Buhlow
Recreation Areas Rapides Parish, Louisiana.

A Level II survey of two proposed recreation areas comprising 470 acres
at the Boyce and Fort Buhlow Recreation Areas in Rapides Parish was
conducted by Klinger and Imhoff. Two National Register properties, Fort
Buhlow 16RA89 and Fort Randolph 16RA76 are located within the Fort
Buhlow Recreation Area
----
LDOA Report #:22-2561
Hahn III, Thurston H.G. and Jerame Cramer
2003 Phase I Cultural Resources Investigations in the Vicinity of Fort
Randolph (16RA76), Rapides Parish, Louisiana.

In December 2000, Coastal Environments, Inc., (CEI) conducted a Phase I
cultural resources survey on behalf of Patrick C. Moore Landscape
Architects and Mid-South Environmental Services, Inc., for a proposed
park to be developed by the Red River Waterway Commission (RRWC Project
No. 00-02) near Pine .

----
LDOA Report #: 22-2561-1
Hahn, Thurston H.G. III  Coastal Environments, Inc., (CEI)
2008 Addendum 1: Additional Cultural Resources Investigations at Fort
Randolph and Buhlow State Historic Site, Pineville, Rapides Parish,
Louisiana.

Conducted a Phase I Intensive Field Survey of a small portion of the Red
River Waterway Commission's proposed Fort Randolph and Buhlow State
Historic Site in Pineville, Louisiana in January 2008. The proposed park
extends along the left descending bank of Red River ...(more - click
view button) Rapides  16RA76 & 16RA1376

Jason A. Emery, R.P.A.