HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Giovanna Vitelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:11:01 -0400
Conrad,
I happen to have a reference from a 1927 issue of "Old Time New England"
(17:140), quoting at length from the "Boston Gazette" of October 28, 1746,
on Pope's Night Celebrations between 5th and 6th November, talking about
yearly problems with rowdiness, and warning that the authorities would crack
down on that year's proceedings.

Best,
Giovanna

PS: INH sadly is no longer with us.

Giovanna Vitelli, PhD, RPA
CELAT Postdoctoral Fellow  / Chercheure postdoctorale
Université Laval
1030 Avenue des Sciences Humaines
Québec G1V 0A6