HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:01:35 -0500
Thanks for this update, Rebecca!

I meant to collate the various replies to that original query I posted about
History Detectives, but went out of town for a few days and by the time I
got back it had morphed into a conversation about other things, such as Time
Team. I enjoyed all the postings, however, and as usual was fascinated by
the many ways that these online conversations develop.

I did want to say, though, that all of us who are involved in the Levi
Jordan Plantation project appreciate the input that various posters offered
about the experience of working with History Detectives show -- please
forgive me if I didn't reply to each, but we are grateful for your help. We
are meeting later today and will discuss some possible options. The final
decision will be, of course, with the site's current owners (the State of
Texas, but operationally, our SHPO, the Texas Historical Commission). But
they are very good about taking community input on board, so I'm sure it's
something that will be discussed at some length before anything happens --
or doesn't happen!

If anyone would be interested in doing a session about this sort of thing at
SHA 2011 -- please do! (and please forgive the commercial from the Program
Committee!). I have a feeling it would be well-attended!

Once again this list has come through...many thanks.

Carol

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc. (CARI)
Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Houston
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rice University
1638 Branard
Houston, TX 77006
www.publicarchaeology.org