HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:04:37 -0400
From:
Heather Trigg <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Has anyone mentioned the USDA plants website?

http://plants.usda.gov/java/

We use this a great deal in our paleoethnobotany lab.  It's searchable on
common name (although it doesn't have them all) and scientific name.  There
are photos for many plants and species distribution maps for the US and
Canada. And it has links to many states' invasive plants lists. For some
taxa, it has information about whether they are native or introduced
(although there can be problems making such determinations).

Heather

--
Heather Trigg, Ph.D.
Research Scientist