From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:32:19 -0500
Sometimes misstatements and misunderstandings are so pervasive that large
numbers of people start to believe they 'have to be true'.  The following is
part of such misstatements:
" discovered the whole rat's nest of lies
surrounding the registration and licensing of Clothianidin"

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  Put out by those with an ax to grind.  This is just
what Randy Oliver was recently talking about as having EPA personnel very
upset and apparently even leading to EPA personnel receiving threats of
physical harm.

I don't know what we can do to stop this, but if we really care about honey
bees we have to do something...even if it is to not repeat such statements
unless the person doing the repeating knows absolutely that they are
correct.

A few other words:
1.  I have respect for Tom Theobald and only wish he would do some further
fact checking.
2.  Somewhat like Tom, I spent over 30 years as an executive with two large
corporations, one of which had dealings with Bayer and the EPA.  I don't
regret those years as they enabled me to live this life I do now...as a
beekeeper.  I also never saw signs of deceit or covering up study results
that did not 'come out right'.
3.  I have not used hard chemicals in my beehives for several years and hope
to never have to do so again.

Lloyd