ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rae Ostman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:00:30 -0500

Hi,
Here are a few resources that may be helpful...

NISE Net has developed a translation guide, based on a process established
by OMSI, that deals with issues of colloquialisms:

http://www.nisenet.org/catalog/tools_guides/translation_process_guide

In the next few months, we'll replace that document with a revised version
that also incorporates information on graphic practices for bilingual
labels (including the Nano graphics Shana mentioned).  In the meanwhile,
the redesigned Nano labels can be found here:

http://www.nisenet.org/catalog/exhibits/nano_mini-exhibition

Rae

Rae Ostman
Director of National Collaborations
Sciencenter, 601 First Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
607.272.0600 x22