HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:36:59 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
Natiffany

I run a public field school every year.  If you have specific questions, let me know.

Bob Genheimer, RPA
George Rieveschl Curator of Archaeology
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45203
513-455-7161 office
513-846-4898 mobile
513-455-7169 fax 

-----Original Message-----
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Natiffany Mathews
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 11:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Inquiry about Public Archaeology at Field Schools

My name is Natiffany Mathews and I am a Master’s Student in the Industrial Archaeology program at Michigan Tech. I am planning my thesis research currently, which concerns how members of the public interact with archaeology and heritage at the Cliff Mine site during our summer field program. I will be utilizing anonymous questionnaires and interviews in conjunction with public events such as site tours and presentations. My research questions relate to how public archaeology programs at field schools are effectively educating the public and improving their understanding of archaeology and heritage. I will also be looking at how to improve these public outreach programs and how to improve relationships between archaeologists and the public at these events.

I am interested in hearing about the experiences other archaeologists and students have had with similar projects or public interactions at field schools and the results, from positive to negative.

I thank you in advance for your assistance. All comments are welcome. I am available off-list at [log in to unmask] 

Sincerely, 

Natiffany Mathews
Michigan Technological University

ATOM RSS1 RSS2