ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Spana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:31:59 -0500

I would like to ask the science museum community for help concerning the
use of new technology in museums. In the past couple of weeks I read an
article about why the use of new technology is important. The article
summarized that guest these days expect information faster and at their
own control.

Since then I have read articles online that express the opposite opinion
that guests actually prefer a break from the world of technology when
they visit museums.

I'd like to go back to the first article I found supporting the use of
new technology to compare notes, but can't find it. Can someone please
recommend recent articles I could find online which are in favor of
using new technology?

Thank you, Paul

Paul Spana

Exhibits Manager