From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:29:41 -0500
I believe the permits have already been granted. Emamectin is also proposed to treat against Asian Longhorn Beetle. As recently as 2009, they reported:

> Insects that are sensitive to emamectin benzoate and feed on treated trees may be impacted; however, these impacts would be restricted to those insects that feed on the trees that are part of the efficacy testing. Honey bee toxicity is high; however, the potential residues in pollen and nectar are unknown for this class of insecticides. To address this uncertainty, nectar and pollen samples will be collected from treated trees during this study and analyzed for emamectin benzoate. Residue data on pollen and nectar will allow for a more accurate characterization of exposure and risk to honey bees.  -- USDA, APHIS, PPQ. ALB Eradication Program

In other words, nobody knows how much of this gets into nectar and pollen. Ash and maple bloom early in the spring and are significant food sources for beneficial insects.