From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:43:33 -0600
>I can think of many better ways such as the tunnel under the border with a
warehouse on the U.S. side recently found in California.

Getting drugs across the border on truck is SO much more efficient/cheaper
than tunneling.  You could not push the volume of drugs that enter the US
through tunnels.  The cartels have inside people with certified shipment
companies on the Mexican side.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/2009-11-23-truckers-smuggling_N.htm

Interesting but if you click on tunnels at the bottom of the above page you
will see the warehouse /tunnel neted 20 tons. However no mention of the
hundreds of tons moved though the tunnels since was made.
The USA Today article says 125 tunnels have been found so far.

How many people were moved through the tunnels over the years? Pot?

Border crossings have check points and tunnels have none.

I have been through check points in Brownsville, larado & El Paso. Drug
sniffing dogs all over the place.

>From the drugs perspective, it's irrelevant where the hand-off takes place
>or who does the driving as drug cartels have inside people in the certified
>shipment companies placing drugs in the trucks.  They could as easily
>penetrate the Mexican beekeepers, through money & intimidation, who would
>be loading hives for the US.

I think a more realistic hypothesis would be that the cartels would buy off
a couple border agents and send the load through on their shift. In Miami at
the airport a few years back cargo planes full of drugs were landing and the
whole shift was involved and on the take.

It seems the folks in California and a few other places want their pot.
Legally now.
There is saying which is:
So goes California goes the rest of the nation!

So maybe the rest of the nations future is to be broke ( California negative
cash flow) and take up pot smoking?( recent effort to legalize pot).

Maybe Jimmy Buffet will be the next governor with Willie Nelson as Attorney
General?

"Load the last ton "
"one step ahead of the jailer"
Jimmy Buffet song

For those on the list not familiar with Buffet or Nelson both sing songs
about pot use.

bob