HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alexandra Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2013 14:03:47 +1200
Hi Mary Anne,
Who's job was this?  I turned in my Phd thesis on the last day of April. It
is still out for external review...I may eventually finish this process.

We got back from 5 weeks in Italy as of 2 weeks ago. Neither one of us
wanted to come back. Trip was composed of 1wk in Florence, 4 days in
Sienna, 1 week plus in Rome, 2 weeks in Pompeii on the food and drink
project.

I'm stuck back into work... too much work as always. (I don't think of that
as job security unfortunately...its just stress).

A job back in the US has appeal but I've been out of the US for so long my
only hope would be a post doc research position.

We are planning on coming to the US next year, if my earnings continue to
roll in. (I'm still the primary income. The bike shop  job funds the
groceries & the condo in Oakland and a few minor bits like Danny's lunches
& clothing).

Corey is still living with us, but as of yesterday has a full time job for
3 months. (This will be his first real job).
Dan is in Rapid City So Dakota being a newspaper journalist. Its a move up
for Coos Bay. He seems to be enjoying it for the time being but will keep
moving on to bigger newspapers.

I better get back to work so I can bill people for some time.

A huge hug to you... send me an email telling what's going on with
you.--Love Alexy