HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:23:29 -0800
Yes, I have encountered those too; but not at this site.  These are split
right down through the paste, with each side piece one side glazed the other
"raw."

This site also has some of the typically melted and discolored surface glaze
from the burn.

Anyway, what satisfies me is every one responding says it is a natural, and
not really uncommon phenomenon.

Thanks everyone!