HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
DAVID ORR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:18:58 -0400
I second the comments made by my old pal George Miller. Recently I have been
hospitalized and am getting back into the rat race now; both Andy Edwards
and Jed levin/Patti Jepson sent me copies of the book. Its very interesting
and mellow..Also quite self-effacing, good words usually are said about
colleagues etc. (reminds me of Bobby Dylan's memoir where he praised all his
colleagues).Interesting comments on the Guildhall excavations following WWII
and the "mudlarking" at Roman sites (Upchurch Marshes) and the Thames
foreshore.(Reread All the best Rubbish) I bought 1775: Another part of the
Field which is pretty much straight history. Ivor Noel Hume needs a
re-appraisal. I loved the pictures of him as an actor (the demon King is
priceless). Guide to Artifacts of Colonial America remains as a seminal
volume in our field. dave Orr